In the field of indoor air quality (IAQ), Allied Environmental Services Pty Ltd provides the following consulting services:
- monitoring for IAQ parameters such as: relative humidity (RH), temperature, carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide, Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), Total Suspended Particulates (TSP) and airborne microorganisms,
- inspection of the HVAC systems,
- sampling for indoor air contaminants,
- analysis and interpretation of IAQ data,
- identification of problem sources
The symptoms of poor indoor air are often referred to as sick building syndrome (SBS) and include a variety of complaints that can be associated with inadequately controlled indoor air parameters:
- insufficient or excessive humidity,
- too low or too high temperature,
- improper air exchange and air flow rates,
- excessive amount of carbon dioxide and/or carbon monoxide,
- contamination of indoor air.
The problems of indoor air quality typically originate from the following:
- poorly maintained air filters and blowers,
- unbalanced heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system,
- contamination of air ducts and air handling units,
- penetration of airborne contaminants into the building.
Other indoor air quality parameters may also be investigated as needed, depending on likely or identified problems and potential air pollutants. Our occupational hygiene consultants provide air quality testing for in accordance to approved NIOSH and OSHA methodologies.